Monday, February 04, 2008

Waking Up

For me at least, It's easy to think of God in key moments of life, when someone is down, when someone is sick, when I am either sick or down, or when something goes really right or when something goes really wrong. It's easy to go to God when my back is against a wall, but I'm realizing that that's not trust at all.

It's like a fair-weather friend calling you on holidays and birthdays. God is amazing everyday and knowing that should make us want to join him in it.

Being thankful has always been hard for me, but I've been truly humbled lately and It's coming easier. With all the variables in our bodies, between the trillion cells in us that need to synchronize perfectly, it's a miracle to just wake up.

It's 6:25, Thank you Father, for opening my eyes from sleep.

"If the only prayer you ever said was, 'Thank you.' that would be enough."

Meister Eckhart

No comments: